Pesto Rolls rolling out of the oven at Boothieville, brimming with toasted mozzarella cheese, garlic, basil and onion

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 63 I am gone with the kids, Noah falls off the bed

I shared a bed last night with my two little kids who like to drape themselves across the bed and/or me.  I must have been waked up 40 times.  Noah crashing to the floor at 1a.m., well, that really bolted me awake.   Anyway, I'm putting them on the floor next time!

After Jane's party we headed for home.  The homesters fixed us a chef's salad because I really had a hankering for my leafy greens.  It was ready when we got home around 7:30pm, and we told stories of our adventure and heard stories of Kate's and Trudy's Haiti fundraising event, and Rodger's Bootcamp for new dads.

It turns out that even though they are grown up, the three left at home didn't eat fruits of veggies while I was gone.  Trudy did get some vitamin C with orange juice, good girl, True.  So the chef salad was good for them, too.

They went hog wild with the salad.  I really must have sounded like I needed my greens!  They were not chinzy.


The grated cheese was sprinkled over salads.


Hard boiled eggs provided plenty of protein.


This was easy to make and easy to eat.


Kate won the decorative salad award.  Isn't that pretty?


daytime eating while I was gone:  eggs and toast, peanut butter sandwich and milk, bread and cheese
Cost:  $1.14
5 eggs:  .30
half a loaf my bread:  .24
peanut butter:  .06
cheese:  .10
milk:  .20

eating for travelers:  leftover cinnamon rolls
Cost:  contained in the total price of the rolls below

supper menu:  chef salad and bread
Cost:  $3.99
4 heads lettuce:  1.05
1 huge carrot:  .11
20 eggs:  1.00
1 1/2 loaf bread:  67
8 oz cheese:  .75
5 oz dressing:  .15
milk for tea:  .26

Total eating:  $5.13  plus half of the charge for the rolls (I charged the other half yesterday)  $4.48 = $9.61

No comments:

Post a Comment