Pesto Rolls rolling out of the oven at Boothieville, brimming with toasted mozzarella cheese, garlic, basil and onion

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

An update on the slush fund, because I used it this week...

Last week I added up my un-spent pennies for each day in which I have been under-budget since we started 10for10for10.  It added up to $28.12!  You can see the specifics by clicking here to go directly to the post where I added it all up.

 I used some of the money for our holiday eating. *Money for Easter baskets came from the gift budget, not the food budget, so even though some of the gifts were food gifts, I didn't include them here, except for the boiled decorated eggs, which we are using for meals.*

Saturday we spent $24.40 on 13 persons.

  $24.40(Saturday's spending total)
 -  13.00(allowed on budget)
-----------
  $11.40 overage

  $28.12(slush funds available)
  -11.40(need to borrow from slush fund)
-----------
  $16.72(left in the slush fund, as of Day 50)
  -  3.46(overage from Day 52)
-----------
  $13.26(remaining in slush fund as of Day 53)

So I still have some money available, for treats or surprises, to the tune of $13.26.

No comments:

Post a Comment