Pesto Rolls rolling out of the oven at Boothieville, brimming with toasted mozzarella cheese, garlic, basil and onion

Monday, May 3, 2010

I come with new energy

I have a new energy as I write today.  Not a vivacious energy.  I got to bed too late and up too early for that...

Its a determined sort of energy.  The kind that says I have to do this thing.  What thing?  Well, I have to answer God's call to be hospitable.  What that means for me personally is that I have to get rid of stuff.  Stuff is what keeps my home hidden from people.  Do you know what I mean?  Stuff can be a barrier to inviting people over.

Why?  You have to move your stuff, store your stuff, clean your stuff, dust your stuff, sort your stuff, pay the bills for your stuff, hang up your stuff, wash your stuff, mow your stuff.  Right.  Multiply that by 10, plus the stuff of college kids, and you have a quandry.  If you're me, that is.

I have read a bit of a blog which Erin is following (Erin is one of my followers) with this title:  "How I found twice the life with half the stuff." Click here to see that blog.  I like that concept.  I think it's what I need!  Really.  Not just my personal stuff, but everything around here.  I have the distinct cringe factor of knowing that I, being the mother, have brought almost everything that is in this house into this house.   Think that one over for awhile.  I have been, and it is not a pretty thought, being responsible for the stuff which makes the clutter.

Well I have to do something about it, and fast.  And I have to head up the effort to inspire others in my house to get on board not only with the concept, but with the effort. It's enough to make me wish I had been a cheerleader.

Maybe I'll talk about it here on a blog.  I seem to do better with a goal in mind, and with the idea that I have some accountability to do what I have set out to do.

Twice the life with half the stuff.  I like it.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Thanks for visiting this past weekend!

    Love you,

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete